With much of the news dedicated to the LAPD's manhunt for suspected cop-killer Christopher Dorner (which also put many local authorities on alert) and the U.S. Postal Service shutting down Saturday delivery, here's a roundup of other popular Patch articles from the past week.
- Gold Line litigation may finally come to an end in Monrovia if a settlement agreement is approved that would pay a developer more than $600,000 to settle a lawsuit. The city has agreed to sell a piece of land to Samuelson & Fetter for $2.78 million and that property will be developed as the city's Station Square Transit Village project along the coming Gold Line Foothill Extension.
- An Altadena man was arrested Sunday for allegedly entering the Altadena home of a 91-year-old woman and exposing himself to her. The woman was unharmed and the man left and was arrested in the neighborhood. He has been charged with one felony count of Indecent Exposure after Unlawful Entry.
- Los Angeles County Health Department inspectors recently shut down two Arcadia restaurants for serious food safety violations. Café Select at 618 Michillinda Ave. was closed Dec. 13 for vermin infestation, while Jin Sheng Company at 140 E. Santa Clara Street was closed Dec. 12 for interfering with the duties of health officers, among other infractions.
- South Pasadena Police pulled to safety a suicidal woman who stood atop the Fair Oaks Avenue bridge looking to jump onto the Arroyo Seco Parkway, authorities said.
- Glendora native Lynsi Torres has been outed by Bloomberg Magazine as the youngest female billionaire in America. How did the 30-year-old do it? Being born into the founding family of California's beloved In-N-Out burger empire doesn't hurt.
Glendora Patch: Daily newsletter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
Pasadena Patch: Daily newsletter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
South Pasadena Patch: Daily newsletter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
Monrovia Patch: Daily newsletter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
Montrose-La Crescenta Patch: Daily newsletter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Twitter
La Cañada Flintridge Patch: Daily newsletter | Like on Facebook | Follow on Twitter